Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) is the #1 most popular salad in Thailand, and is especially loved by Thai women – perhaps because it’s low in calories and fat, but very high in taste and eating satisfaction, helping you stay slim.
This salad recipe is crunchy-delicious, whether served as a side dish/appetizer, or as the main course. Cooked shrimp or crab meat can be added (or cashews if vegetarian), or try eating it as they do in Thailand: with a bowl of sticky rice.
- Coming Soon
- Pound chilies, long bean and garlic together until it break in mortar.
- Add tomato, palm sugar, salt, lime juice, shredded papaya, carrot, mix together.
- Put it one plate add roasted peanut to garnish
If you don’t have Mortar:
- Smash chili, long bean, and garlic, with a big knife on cutting board.
- Mixed all ingredients in a bowl with spoon.
- For vegetarian option, leave out the meat completely.