Pumpkin in Coconut Milk
In Thailand, pumpkin and coconut milk are commonly paired up to make a variety of both savory and sweet entrees.
In this recipe, the two come together beautifully in a lightly-curried soup that tastes as delicious as those you may have tried at your favorite Thai restaurant.
It makes a perfect meal on a chilly night, but is also wonderful to serve as an appetizer or dessert for a dinner party.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 kg of pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- Peel off the pumpkin skin, and remove the seeds. Cut into small chunks.
- Place a pot on medium heat and put 6 cups of water in a pot, bringing it to the boil. Add pumpkin and cook until it becomes tender, for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, and stir until it dissolves.
- Add coconut milk and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until it starts boiling.
- Add coconut cream and a pinch of salt and continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat. Leave to cool down for few minutes before serving.