Learn simple Akha’s food – Total of three dishes
Akha cooking is simple and easy – but tasty. Akha people have a funny saying:
“There are only three things in the jungle you can’t eat
and nobody knows what they are..”
I grew up sampling as much of the jungle’s bounty as I could.
Our source of food depends on the jungle.
The ingredients in this course are basic ingredients that we could find all year round and also at your local grocery store.
Akha people are an indigenous group, living in small villages in northern Thailand. Immigrating through China, Laos and Myanmar during the early 1900s, some ultimately went on to become citizens of Thailand.
Akha food is totally different from Thai food, much healthier and fresher.
Akha cooking is simple and easy – but tasty.
Menu and Online Class Flow
01 – Akha-style Fish Filet in Tomato Sauce
Fish was an easy source of meat in my childhood, because we raised our own fish in three ponds. This recipe is my favorite of my grandma’s fish recipes.
Those who are vegan and vegetarian can also cook with Tofu instead of fish.
02 – Easy Stir-fried Vegetables
This dish is very clean and healthy, garlicky, crunchy and flavorful, and it’s a great choice for anyone on a diet or wanting to lose weight.
Those who are vegan and vegetarian can also cook with tofu or just vegetables without meat.
03 – Akha Salad
Refreshing Akha salad, made with cucumbers, tomatoes, lime juice and ground peanuts. Those with peanut allergies can substitute roasted sesame seeds or almonds.
No meat or oil needed.
- The dishes are served with steamed rice.
- You can get your rice cooked and prepared before.
- Includes cooking tips for creating your own perfect Akha Dinner
- Clear, step-by step instructions that are easy to follow.
- Let us know ahead of time if you can’t find a particular ingredient
There’s always a solution.
This recipe can be adapted to be cooked:
They can also be cooked spicy or not depending on your own taste.
Alternative solutions for any food allergies!
- Private course in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Face-to-face instruction with a real expert Thai-Akha food instructor.
- Full color a digital copy cookbook with features lots of technical advice, cooking tips and tricks.
Credit Card / Paypal acepted:
- Payment can be made using most credit or debit cards. Your payment will be processed by PayPal on a secured website.