Massaman curry is a southern Thai dish influenced by Malay and Indian cuisine.
The rich taste of massaman comes from the local flavors. Thai red curry paste combines with exotic spices: cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and bay leaves – all of which were brought to central Thailand by Persian merchants in the 17th century. The curry’s fragrant aroma and beguiling flavour was extolled in a poem by King Rama II, dedicated to his wife:
“Massaman, a curry made by my beloved, is fragrant of cumin and strong spices. Any man who has swallowed the curry is bound to long for her.”
มัสมั่นแกงแก้วตา หอมยี่หร่ารสร้อนแรง ชายใดได้กลืนแกง แรงอยากให้ใฝ่ฝันหา
Massaman curry is my favorite among all Thai curries. In Thailand, It is the only dish that has potatoes; you aren’t likely to find many other Thai dishes with potatoes. Traditionally rich and creamy massaman curry is served with steamed Thai jasmine rice. But I like to eat this curry with pita bread or naan bread.
Online Class Flow
The class begins by teaching the following:
- How to make Thai Red Curry Paste:
Once you learn to make this Curry Paste, you can use it to make Thai Red Curry, Panang Curry, and Khao Soi.
You can download all these curry recipes on our CookBook.
- How to make Massaman Curry:
Traditional Massaman Curry is only made with meat and potatoes, but you can add carrot, broccoli and green beans if you like.
For the option of meat, you can choose chicken, beef or pork. If you would like to make a vegan or vegetarian version, you can substitute tofu.
- The course can accommodate all.
- This recipe can also be adapted to be gluten-free.
- Clear and easy instructions.
Is there a specific Thai dish you’d like to learn to make.
Please let us know.
We are happy to tailor a recipe to your needs.
Something here about download the Checking List:
- Free E-Book recipes
- You can invite one more family member or household member to join the class for each registered participant
- Class size is limited to a total of six participants to ensure an intimate home-based
- Learning experience
Credit Card / Paypal acepted:
- Payment can be made using most credit or debit cards. Your payment will be processed by PayPal on a secured website.
For more details check our Terms and Conditions page.