Creamy and rich curry
Massaman Curry is a southern Thai dish influenced by Malay and Indian cuisine. The rich taste of Massaman comes from the local flavors. Thai red curry paste combines with exotic spices: cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and bay leaves – all of which were brought to central Thailand by Persian merchants in the 17th century. the curry’s fragrant aroma and beguiling flavour were extolled in a poem by King Rama ii, dedicated to his wife:
“Massaman, a curry made by my beloved, is fragrant of cumin and strong spices. any man who has swallowed the curry is bound to long for her.”
มัสมั่นแกงแก้วตา หอมยี่หร่ารสร้อนแรง ชายใดได้กลืนแกง แรงอยากให้ใฝ่ฝันหา
Massaman Curry is my favorite among all Thai curries. In Thailand, It is the only dish that has potatoes; you aren’t likely to find many other Thai dishes with potatoes. Traditionally rich and creamy massaman curry is served with steamed Thai jasmine rice. But I like to eat this curry with pita bread or naan bread.
Online Cooking Course Flow
In this online class you will learn:
- How to make Thai Red Curry Paste. Once you learn to make this curry paste, you can use it to make Thai Red Curry, Panang Curry, and Khao Soi. you can download all these curry recipes on our website.
- Learn to make Massaman Curry. traditional Massaman Curry is only made with meat and potatoes, but you can add carrot, broccoli and green beans if you like.
- For the option of meat, you can choose chicken, beef or pork.
- Clear, step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow.
This recipe can be adapted to be cooked:
They can also be cooked spicy or not depending on your own taste.
Alternative solutions for any food allergies!
Choose your favorite date from the calendar below…
Fill the form with your contact info and “Book Now”…
We’ll contact you a soon of possible.
- Private course in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- One-on-One face-to-face instruction with a real expert Thai-Akha food instructor.
- Full color a digital copy cookbook with features lots of technical advice, cooking tips and tricks.
Credit Card / Paypal acepted:
- Payment can be made using most credit or debit cards. Your payment will be processed by PayPal on a secured website.