Tom Yum Soup
+ Tom Yum Paste
Tom Yum Goong is one of the most famous Thai dishes among foreigners and people from Thailand, alike. What makes this soup so special is its hot and spicy character – with delicious flavor from the chili paste or tom yum paste.
The chili paste used in Tom Yum consists of roasted fresh herbs in soybean oil. It’s called Thai roasted chili paste, or Nam Prik Pao, and is a common ingredient used in Thai cooking.
In addition to tom yum soup, it also appears as a garnish for Khao Soi Noodle Soup or as a meat marinade. It is spicy and sweet, with rich flavor.
Over our more than six years of operating a cooking school in Chiang Mai, Tom Yum Goong Soup remains a top choice among our students.
Online Cooking Course Flow
In this online class you will learn:
- How to make traditional Nam Prik Pao or Tom Yum paste. We’ll begin by preparing ingredients – toasting and roasting herbs and blending all into a spicy, sweet and rich-flavored paste. You can store this paste in an airtight glass jar for up to one year.
- How to make Tom Yum Goong Soup. You will cook this soup from fresh ingredients, not instant spice packs. Instead, you’ll use your own homemade Nam Prik Pao you just made.
- Includes cooking tips & tricks and plenty of hands-on experience.
- Clear, step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow.
- Let us know ahead of time if you can’t find a particular ingredient. There’s always a solution.
This recipe can be adapted to be cooked:
They can also be cooked spicy or not depending on your own taste.
Alternative solutions for any food allergies!
Choose your favorite date from the calendar below…
Fill the form with your contact info and “Book Now”…
We’ll contact you a soon of possible.
- Private course in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- One-on-One face-to-face instruction with a real expert Thai-Akha food instructor.
- Full color a digital copy cookbook with features lots of technical advice, cooking tips and tricks.
Credit Card / Paypal acepted:
- Payment can be made using most credit or debit cards. Your payment will be processed by PayPal on a secured website.